My first novella called The Outcasts is coming out around the middle of this year – yeah! Thank you Soul Mate Publishing. I haven’t seen my cover art yet; can’t wait. I’ve asked to have a hunky bare-chested man put on the cover. As far as I’m concerned my dark-skinned, uber-strong, fearful Gothic hero is the star. Needless to say, Wuthering Heights is one of my all time favourite reads.
I thought I’d make a list of other books I loved too. They’re certainly not all romances (I like suspense as well.) I’ll start with the oldies first:
Here’s my top ten. (At the moment anyway)
- Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
- Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier
- Bleak House by Charles Dickens
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- Atonement by Ian McEuan
- Jasper Jones by Craig Silvey
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
- The Shadow Year by Hannah Richell
- Secrets of the Tides by Hannah Richell
- Hopeless by Colleen Hoover (random choice, I know!)
I love to read other people’s top picks, especially if they are a mix of romance and suspense. Love to hear yours.